Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

interfacing rtc with pic18

Status
Not open for further replies.

adm1

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am doing this for the first time and getting stuck. cAN anyone please help me out in this -
I need to interface a pic microcontroller (preferably pic18) with a real time clock- either using ds1307 or any other RTC chip.
My e-mail id is adi265ster@gmail.com

Hi,

You need to first read datasheet of ds 1307. How it gives date and time. Make hardware, connect two wire interface to ds 1307. Write code to read the addresses of ds 1307. Code is attached.

NIKS

Thank you, I shall try it.
But only the header files are there in the attachment, how do i use it ?
do i use a software like mikroc or sumthing?

Anyways thank you.

thank you so much to all...
after two months of struggle, i managed to write data into rtc and read data from it. it usually takes much lesser time for experts...but i am still a beginner, and doing a project for the first time.

my next challenge is to store the date and time into a memory card... i really need some help on this --

thank you nikunj and tahmid...

The DS3232 is also a good IC if you want to try :D

Status
Not open for further replies.