Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

interfacing PS-2 keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks

thanks dear ebenni

but if you have asm code please send it for me

thanks

yours

S 8O KRAT

have some questions about keyb.. if someone...

I haven't found any information about this questions, and are important for me:

1- if keyb is retransmiting last byte (because host sent a Resend) and host inhibits the bus in the middle of transmition
, after processing the new command... keyb should resend the last byte without waiting for Resend command or should wait
for a Resend comand from host?. IE:

keyb host

Z ----->
A ----->
<---- Resend
A --X (host inhibit bus) why? I think Host can do it.
<---- sends another comand -not Resend-
???? ----->

should keyb try to send again key "A"? next key in buffer? wait another Resend commando from host? ...?
how sending "A" keyb was interrupted, the LastKey sent will be "Z"?

2- This case:

keyb host

A ----->
<---- command (not resend)
ACK ----->
<---- Resend
???? ----->

what should resend the keyboard? "A" key, or only "ACK", or the complete command packet?

3- how many Resends must send the keyboard before sending a 0xFC? (I think 1 resend and if the second byte from host
is still wrong, then keyb sends oxFC)
what does keyb after transmiting a 0xFC error code? stands waiting commands from host? stops keys scanning? ...?

if u can help, yuhuuuuu, if can't.. : ( but.. ok! thanks :)

mmmmmmmmh

thanks but... I read it before... really I have read hundreds of links, but nothing.. and now, I ever find out the same webs when search in google xDDDd I think I have read all -or almost all- xDDD

thanks

hi all friends

i'm finsh my asm code to interface AT pc keyboard and at89c2051 and the output will be display to 2*16 lcd
if any one want it send to me pm

thanks

yours

S 8O KRAT

Keyboard

Hello,

anybody an idea where i can get a listing contain key combinations for generating values from 0x0 to 0xFF with a ordinary keyboard (like ctrl A according 0x1)

Thanks a lot

Robby

keyb codes

do you want scan codes or ascii codes?

You can find all codes searching them with google. Or try here:

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

bye :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com