Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

interfacing pc keyboard to 8051

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinesh401

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to interface a pc keyboard to 8051 mc. Is it possible to interface ?
if possible tell me how to do it.

thankyou..

for that u need extra USB Controller which is interfaced with 8051 and then u can use the USB keyboard.
Else consider using matrix keyboard whose ports can be directly connected with 8051 ports. Have a search on internet about matrix keyboard.

i want to interface a pc keyboard to 8051 mc. Is it possible to interface ?
if possible tell me how to do it.

thankyou..

Do you need PS/2 or USB keyboard ?

8051 x PS/2 x LCD
https://ffyy99.pixnet.net/blog/post/27317830-8051-x-ps-2-x-lcd

4a7bb4cedc7f5.jpg

for that u need extra USB Controller which is interfaced with 8051 and then u can use the USB keyboard.
Else consider using matrix keyboard whose ports can be directly connected with 8051 ports. Have a search on internet about matrix keyboard.

Connecting of USB keyboard is possible if you use uC 8051 with builtin USB support. There are many new uC in 8051 family with USB, RF, ADC,... supports.

Family of 8051 cannot be considered as naked steel any more, this uC this days have strong weapon capacity in their architecture armory.

:wink:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.