Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

interfacing of the camera to the pic microcontrollers

Status
Not open for further replies.

prateek0009

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi guys, A VERY GUD MORNING to u all.
actually i need to interface a camera to the pic microcontroller. and i got no knowledge abt the interfacing till now. well, i hv studied matlab. now i can generate the matlab code. now wat i need is that which suitable "camera" can b perfectly interfaced with which "pic controller"

plz guys help me. if u got any thing abt it ..
thanks to alll ...

Hi

You can't interface CMOS camera directly to PIC micro - pic micro is to slow to handle camera data stream

Also to hold a single picture even in small CIF size you will need lot of RAM

Try to use PIC32 or ARM cortex chip like STM32

Al the best

Bobi

thank u guys ,
it was really gud to see ur replies..
ok now i got that i need pic 32.
now wat i need nxt is the program that can differentiate between the coloured balls.(red, green, blue, black)
i m right now learning matlab image processing. is that sufficient??
and then is the pic 32 require special programmer to download the hex code from the pc?
also hw to interface this CMOS camera with the pic32 ??
i think thats all i need to make up my project..
so as this is my first time dealing with camera and matlab .so i jst wanna support frm u guys.........
thank u to alll...
if u guys get anything related to it please get it into my knowledge....plzzzzzzz

bye gud nyt...

Attachments

• c3038.pdf
    296.9 KB · Views: 300
thanx bddy ,,
thats vry greatful to u .
this will help me a lot bddy...

no whw can i programme a pic 32. does it require a special programmer
or i can design it by my own.............
plzzz
if u got to know then help me.....

no whw can i programme a pic 32.

yuo pbly wnt 2 chkech out mkrochps whebcit 2 fugier whate aut.

hp itie whelpde u.

many development boards are there.. which need only usb interface to load the program..
this is one such example
**broken link removed**

but i would like to suggest u to use arm boards their interfacing is easy and u will get many boards..
NGX Technologies Online Store

hey can u give me the name of company from where u got c3038 please i meed it urgently
thanks
you can get cmos camer but based on OmniVision OV7640/8 here:
**broken link removed**

I think omniscient electronics in b'lore can help you out. They are one of the main distributors of embedded items.
Regards,
Jerin.

I am also working on the interfacing OmniVision OV6620 CMOS image sensor. But I use the C8051F340 (8051 microtroller with built in USB) to interface CMOS image sensors. I am not sure whether you want to built a camera board. If it is the case then we are on the same track.

hi everyone,

I am working on a virtual keyboard project, i plan on using the C3038 cmos camera module along with an AVR ATMEGA 32 microcontroller.

Intially i planned on projecting a keyboard image but is not feasable for me so i decided on using a keyboard printed on a paper instead.

For the time being i am collecting data and information about my project and components to use and have started the implementation actually.

My question:
Using the camera how can i map the coordinates of they keys? I figured out a way to detect the position of the key using laser light, but i cant figure out how to map the x,y coodinates of the keys.

Any help would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

hiiiiiiiii prateek
did you manage to interface cmos camera with pic32??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back