Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing of GSM modem with Atmega16

Status
Not open for further replies.

kendrepv07

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Friends.....
I want to interface ATMEGA16 with SIM300 GSM modem (serial). I don't know anything of it. Please help....
Thanks in advance...

Sir, but I am not getting basic information.
Actually I have some doubts.
1. Can SIM 300 communicated with ATMEGA16 by RS232 DB9 only?
2. If there is some message received by SIM300, how the µC will come to know about that?
3. How to take message from GSM modem to ATMEGA 16?
Please help.....

controller has UART, and so do gsm modem... so controller and UART are interfaced through UART.... and controller issues AT commands to modem and modem does the work depending on the AT command.....

---------- Post added at 20:45 ---------- Previous post was at 20:41 ----------

Download the AT command sheet or i will attach here... read the AT commands that you wish to implement and understand it...
connect the AT command and open hyperterminal and type the command and see the modem giving you response...

Sir,
Can you please give any simple programming code by using which I can send message through atmega16? (Code for serial communication between SIM300 and atmega16)
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.