Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing Nokia 3310 to Atmel 89C51 Microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

sathish316

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
interfacing nokia 3310 with microcontroller

I need to connect a nokia 3310 to an 8051 controller to send and receive sms. Nokia 3310 uses FBus and MBus protocols. Fbus is bidirectional and operates at 115200 bps. Is it possible to lower the baud rate to 19200 bps/9600 bps to use it with a microcontroller?

The MBus protocol is half-duplex and operates at 9600. How do i connect the unidirectional MBus pin to TX and RX pins on my microcontroller

If anyone of u hav the commands set for FBus/MBus protocol pls post it.

The other alternative im trying is to use a Nokia phone with an inbuilt modem to send and receive sms using AT Commands. Which Nokia models support AT Commands and come with inbuilt modems. How should i interface it with microcontroller?

connection of nokia 3310 and microcontroller

You don't have to use the xBus to control 3310, just connect 3310 to any IO pins of 8051. Read the data sheet of 3310 and send command/data by control individual i/o pin. Beware that 3310 is 3.3V device!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back