Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing mobile devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

eelinker

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How nokia 66 series mobile devices could be interfaced to pc for sending and receiving SMSs and or calls?
Is it possible?

It is possible, but it is difficult from my perspective.

It can be like this
1. There can be a user interface in PC that takes the user input.
2. Commpunication between PC and mobile using IR/bluetooth/usb
3. A program in mobile phone that receives the message from PC and makes a call or SMS

Here the main problem is the platform that u have to use. In PC u have to use windows or linux. It should be supporting bluetooth or IR. The programming langulage should be C/C++/VC++/Java depending on the api support.
In mobile u have to write the program wither in Symbian or in J2ME.

I am also interested in such a project. Please let me know your status.

You need DKU-5 cable for interfacing between Pc and your mobile.

Hi guys
nice subject
about interfacing the phone what if I wanna connect it to the microcontroller directly
using serial interface F-BUS TX,RX
:D

How to connect a mobile phone directly to the microcontroller?

Added after 9 minutes:

DKU-5 connects your Nokia to your computer. Works with Nokia PC suite software as supplied with your phone and enables data transfer and synchronization at a rate of up to 230 kB/s. Driver CD and instructions supplied. Connects to the POP port on the phone and the USB socket on a PC.
DKU5 cable is compatible with Nokia 3100, 3200, 5100, 6100, 6220, 6610, 6800, 7210, 7250, 7250i.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back