Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing LCD and keypad using c programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

nur amina

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have questions to ask..

1. I have project to implement timer in presentation which need to interface LCD and keypad with 16f873a. the range of time is between 5 min until 30 min..user will key in their needed time by using keypad and lcd will be more focus to display timer(stopwatch).

Hopefully anyone know can give me a guide. Tq.

As far i understand is that you want to make a timer which ranges from 5-30 minutes.user will enter the required time by keypad and it will be display on lcd.
It also start the counter/timer and when ever the timer value matches with the user entered value the timer stops.Is it right?
In which phase you have a problem,interfacing keypad and lcd with microcontroller OR timer problem OR you want a complete idea.

Hi engr.hayee..

Tq for your kindly respond...
your understanding about my program is exactly right...I need a complete idea.now for hardware part I used 16f877a..LCD data connected to Port B,Keypad connected to PortD...
the problem now i dont know how to interface this two component in the sort of programming.. and also timer

[/img]

Reactions: bryam

bryam

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Which compiler you are using for programming.
If you are using CCS compiler then you can find lot of examples how to interface keypad and lcd with microcontroller at www.ccsinfo.com/forum .
You can use timer to generate interrupt after every 1sec, then increament your variable let say Sec,when sec will be greater than 59,then increament min and start sec from 0 again,when you reaches at the desired min's value then stop the counter/disable the timer.

For your information i have done my program..but unfortunately i don't know why when i press my keypad,for any key.nothing display on my lcd..

one more question..can i use membran keypad?

Status
Not open for further replies.