Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing hardware with PC through USB connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

anex16

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I am working on a project that requires me to interface a particular hardware with my PC through a USB port and stream some data through this connection. However i have never worked on USB interfacing before and am looking for some good resources or tutorials to start work. I might also need to use a microcontroller in the interfacing circuitry. I cant buy expensive ready made interfacing tools available in the market and would want build them on my own. It would be great if you guys could suggest something related to such a project that might be of help..

Thanks in advance.!

you may choose pic controller with usb interface builtin .
so that you can transfer the data to pc with the pic controller.

i also suggest u to use PIC..if i am rite PIC18 family have usb support..

What you need is FTDI usb chip .They were among the first to offer USB connectivity with the embedded world . They provide you with the USB drivers .On the PC side they will show as the USB connection being a serial port .So is very simple to make a pc application . It just like openning COM port ..
Very simple .very elegant .very reliable !

See https://www.ftdichip.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back