Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing GSM with 8051 micro

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamidraza22

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can anybody help me regarding interfacing GSM with 8051..?

GSM with 8051

it is very simple of cource depend on your gsm device
do you have gsm phone or gsm module
you can interface that with know at command og gsm device you can find more in this interface

Re: GSM with 8051

I will be using GSM mobile..
and what about the pop port.how to use this with hyperterminal.can anybody help me

what about the pop port.
what is pop port?

how to use this with hyperterminal
Connect your GSM Mobile to PC COM1 with your GSM Data Cable
Run Hyperterminal, setup COM1 property as :
Bit per second 9600 (Buad rate)
Data bits 8
Parity bit None
Stop bit 1
Flow Control None

Click CALL icon, key in AT <enter>, if the connection is OK your GSM Mobile will answer OK

try another baud rate is this is connection problem

GSM with 8051

you can use AT instuction to controal GSM modular receive and send message

Nokia 5110 is best for doing this
its serial port is taken out on connector
if you need I have working source code to interface Nokia 5110 with philips P89C51RD2

hello friends how are you i am also doing this project on connection of mobile with microcontroller i have a 6310 . the at commands work well withh hyperterminal but when i send these commands from the microcontroller there ,it doesnt work. i mean the mobile just echos the command send to it when i have the gnd removed and only tx and rx connected . but when i connect the gnd it doesnt even echo .
i dont even know which pins to connect i mean i have just connected the tx and rx to the 8051 the rest are just open . do i have to connect the rest of the pins in some manner please help

ok i have a dlr -3p cable which has a rs-232 db-9 female connector
it works well on hyperterminal
now the db-9 connecotor i have taken two wires from the rx and tx of the 8051 thru the max 232 and then in the tx and rx of the db-9 (of the dlr-3p)
it should work but when i connect the gnd to pin 5 of the db-9 the controller starts to funtion abnormally plz if anyone has interfaced the 8051 with dlr-3p-- nokia 6310 send me the diagram ,i am sure the programming is not the problem the problem is which of the pins of the db-9 is to be connected to what , thats what i cant figure out , i am sure it has also something to do with rts right? plz answer

Status
Not open for further replies.