Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing four MAX6675 ICs and a 16-bit ADC to P89V51RD2

Status
Not open for further replies.

knikhil271083

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Members,

I am planning to prepare a 4-channel temperature monitor using P89V51RD2.

I intend to measure temperatures up to 900 deg C. Hence I have decided to use K-type thermocouple.

For signal conditioning of K-type thermocouple, I am planning to use MAX6675 which is a thermocouple to digital converter. This IC has +5V supply and an SPI interface. Hence I can easily interface 4 MAX6675 to P89V51RD2 using SPI bus.

Now, I also want to interface a 16-bit ADC to P89V51RD2 since I want to measure another analog voltage. I am planning to use AD677 from Analog Devices and it also has an SPI like serial interface.

My question is that, whether I can interface AD677 to some other IO Pin of microcontroller or should I connect it to SPI port of microcontroller.
In case I connect it to SPI port of microcontroller (I have already 4 MAX6675 with four CS (chip select) connected) will there be any problem since AD677 does not seem to have a CS type of pin.

Alternately, can anybody suggest me another ADC or another interfacing technique.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back