Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing Bluetooth USB Dongle with PIC18F4550

Status
Not open for further replies.

saeed_pk

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pic18f bluetooth

Dear All;
I have a problem in which i have to interface Bluetooth Dongle with my PIC
I want to transmit data serially over bluetooth protocol
here is the scheme

[Seial Data] <----> [PIC18F4550]<-->[Bluetooth Dongle] ~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~ [Bluetooth Dongle]<--->PIC18F4550]<-->[Serial Data Out]

I want to replace my serial communication Cable(RS232) Please help me in this regard
Is this possible to make some solution like that
I need the firmware codes to control that Bluetooth Dongle
Information/Specification about bluetooth is also required.

pic18 bluetooth

You need a serial bluetooth adapter, the USB one won't work with the 18F4550. (they are both USB clients, you need a USB host)

pic 18f4550 bluetooth

you can do it with pic24f, but not with pic 18 as explained above: pic18 is only usb client
pic 24f can be host and client
warning: not all pic24f can do it...

pic18f4550 bluetooth

It means i can't interface USB Data Traveler(Flash) device to my PIC for data storage as this is a client too.
please advice

bluetooth pic18f

you can use a pic24f which supports usb host,
or use maxim max3420 which is a spi interface and supports host usb too. it will make a link between your pic18f and your usb client device.

how to make serial bluetooth dongle

I think it is a difficult task if we use microcontroller (like pic24f) for interfacing with USB dongle, because we need implement one USB driver that manufacturer of USB dongle do not give to us.
Muoinhohn

bluetooth dongle usb pic18

muoinhohn said:
I think it is a difficult task if we use microcontroller (like pic24f) for interfacing with USB dongle, because we need implement one USB driver that manufacturer of USB dongle do not give to us.
Muoinhohn

You nailed it. It's also much more than just a driver, it's also the bluetooth stack.

18f4550 usb bluetooth

if your goal is to make bluetooth communications, why you only buy an embedded module?... search in www.a7eng.com, the modules are for dummies... string commands.

18f4550 bluetooth

Kripton2035 said:
or use maxim max3420 which is a spi interface and supports host usb too.

MAX3420 is peripheral only. The USB host is MAX3421E. I'm developing code for this controller; the USB layer is pretty compact, around 3-5K. I don't have BT driver for it though, only HID atm.

Dear, saeed_pk I have the same issue with one of my students projects and although I intially agreed with blueroomelectronics but I continued my search.

I came up with this Project by "three Juniors in Cornell University's College of Engineering." at the following link. https://courses.cit.cornell.edu/ee4...ct23/blh36_cdl28_dct23/index.html#codelisting

They achieved the seemingly impossible.

I hope it helps.
Please note that there is a work around to do it the other way around too; using a simple controller to function as a USB device. the link is: http://www.cesko.host.sk/IgorPlugUSB_RS232/IgorPlug-USB%20(AVR)%20RS232_eng.htm
(Please select the entire line above and paste it in your browser for it to work)

Yeah...a standard serial Bluetooth adapter will make this project much easier. I made a similar setup with this standard Blutooth adapter and its easy to setup, configure and use.

Status
Not open for further replies.