Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

interfacing analog and digital circuitary

Status
Not open for further replies.

shreekalak

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am using two analog inputs from one board which is given to a pic µc board...
µc board is interfaced with a LCD..
my problem is when i am switching on the supply of analog board my µc board gets a minimal supply which switches on my power LED...
and LCD's backlight partially on... then when i switched µc board LCD does not display anything.
if both grounds r shorted then also same thing happens..
wht exactly problem is i am unable to understand..
please help me...
thnx in advace

I assume that is the leakage current.Due to the potential difference between both the grounds.

check out these:-
1.Instead of directly shorting both the grounds,connect both through a ferrite bead or an inductor.
2.At the Vcc point of the LCD,connect an electrolytic capacitor and an MLC (multi layer ceramic) parallely.Connecting a similar pair at the Vcc of the whole uC board is also suggested.
3.Hope star grounding is not taken care in your uC board.If so,short all the ground points to a common point with a wire and then short this wire to the analog board ground

This is my assumption.I am not sure,anyways check it up and let me know.

i Have used one supply cord and two separate transformers for two circuits.....

I have seen such a problem but i found my 7805 malfunctioning jit is right use more ampere power supply
are u using vero board?
there might be some leakage.

Status
Not open for further replies.