Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing ADE7754 with 89c51

Status
Not open for further replies.

lats

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I've to design a VIF meter (voltage, current & frequency) for a three phase power
line (230 volts AC). I've to measure voltages between all 3 phases and neutral and between phases also. and current can be of any value (for this i'll be using
two-wire current transformer) I think using ADE7754 is a good choice for this. I
want to interface it with 89c51. Can anyone please tell me whether i can interface
these two ICs or not. Will the project be a very difficult one?

Helpme out please

hi;

If you are thinking of using ADE 7754, you need to have SPI module in your microcontroller. If 89c51 hasn't got hardware SPI module, you need to go for software SPI.

If you are seriously thinking of using ADE 7754, it would be better to buy ealuation kit.
It really helps you. It makes your life bit easier in determining the calibration parameters. Once you determine calibration parameters its just a case of reading registers in ADE 7754.

regards
nagi

Try searching for application files on analog.com and on google.

regards,
garg

hi,
if u buy the Eval Borad it would be easy for u to design the meter.
instead of goin for 89c51 you can go with AT89C51ED2 series which has hardware SPI and ICSP. orelse you can go for any PIC series which has hardware SPI.

Thank u all of you. If you guys can provide me a example even a very small one will do, i'll be greatly thankful to you.

bye

akhileshchadar what was that...... "example?"

u said u need examples... i was asking what examples u need?

Status
Not open for further replies.