Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing a bluetooth module with uc

Status
Not open for further replies.

varunme

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can i use the below module

**broken link removed**

to interface with the uc and use as if like a normal RS232 interface and communicate with hyperterminal ?

first of all you need to convert to ttl level using max232. After that pair it with another bluetooth device. Note down the incoming and outgoing ports. Connect the device in one of the port. Then you can send data using that module

Reactions: varunme

varunme

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Note down the incoming and outgoing ports.

means the COM ports in device manager ? ,
sending data is like the regular RS232 port ? ,
This module is provided with the " 3V3 to 5V level converter required to interface with 5V Micros " , so i need a max232 ?

no, i mean that if you are connecting the bluetooth module to the pc then you need the converter. The ports mean, you can see two ports for a bluetooth device. One is to send the data and another is to receive data. One me the port will do the two functions (rx & tx). It may be the in port or out port. Which is that, i am not sure

i want to connect the module to the uc and it is connected wirelessly to the PC via bluetooth dongle , the module is provided with the GND, VDD and Rx and Tx (see the pic provided there) , to connect to the uc , is that , i need only that pins from the module to the equivalent (Rx-Tx) and (Tx-Rx) of the uc ?

As the bluetooth module is providing the UART module and the 3v3 , 5v converter etc , do i really need a level shifter like max232 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back