Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

INTERFACING 8051 with gsm module.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naresh10

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Pls anyone can u tell me wat to do for interfacing 8051 with GSM module, i hav bought AT89S51, i am jus beginner and need to buy GSM module. What are the steps i need to follow for interfacing ?? Anyone pls help me??

First check whether it is a Sim300/Wave form..
i have worked with sim 300.Check whether it is a TTL output or inbuilt max232 output.if it is a TTL output then connect the RX and TX pin to MAX 232 board and connect a DB9 connector to your PC..Insert SIM in GSM Module & Switch on.
Open Hyperterminal and set Baud Rate of 9600.
Type AT .....Press Enter
If you get OK then it is working
Later Type AT+CMGF=1 ......Press enter
You will get OK
To Read a message AT+CMGR=1 ......Press enter........this will read first message if u want another then Type a number

To Send a message AT+CMGS="9966333220" .......... ......Press enter (You type to which mobile number the message has to send)
you will get >
Then Type the message you want to send..
Then Press Ctrl+Z...
After sending it will give OK.

then Disconnect and connect the RX ant TX pin of GSM module to Pin 8 and 9
write the program as i described the above steps.

---------- Post added at 13:45 ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 ----------

First check whether it is a Sim300/Wave form..
i have worked with sim 300.Check whether it is a TTL output or inbuilt max232 output.if it is a TTL output then connect the RX and TX pin to MAX 232 board and connect a DB9 connector to your PC..Insert SIM in GSM Module & Switch on.
Open Hyperterminal and set Baud Rate of 9600.
Type AT .....Press Enter
If you get OK then it is working
Later Type AT+CMGF=1 ......Press enter
You will get OK
To Read a message AT+CMGR=1 ......Press enter........this will read first message if u want another then Type a number

To Send a message AT+CMGS="9966333220" .......... ......Press enter (You type to which mobile number the message has to send)
you will get >
Then Type the message you want to send..
Then Press Ctrl+Z...
After sending it will give OK.

then Disconnect and connect the RX ant TX pin of GSM module to Pin 8 and 9
write the program as i described the above steps.

PRODUCT NAME : GSM MODEM
HARDWARE : SIM 300 MODULE
COMMUNICATION : RS232
COMMANDS : AT
INPUT VOLTAGE : 12VDC / 1AMP
*************************************************************************************************************************
ANTENNA - PULL THE ANTENNA OUT IF THE SIGNAL IS WEAK

HOW TO TEST!!!!

1. INSERT THE SIMCARD INTO SIM TRAY BACKSIDE
2. CONNECT THE RS232 CABLE TO THE PC SERIAL PORT - SERIAL PORT PROPERTIES ( RESTORE DEFAULTS - 9600 BAUD RATE)
3. OPEN HYPERTERMINAL FROM WINDOWS START>PROGRAMS>ACCESARIES>COMMUNICATIONS>HYPERTERMINAL
4. SELECT THE COMPORT WITH BAUD RATE 9600
5. TYPE "AT " ECHO "OK" IF ECHO IS OK COMMUNICATION IS OK !!!!!!!!!+

6. CHECK THE LED STATUS ( NETWORK SERCHING , NETWORK CONNECTED, IS SHOWN IN LED STATUS GIVEN BELOW)
****************************************************************************************************************************
Working state of network status indication LED OUTPUT

State SIM300 function

Off SIM300 is not running
64ms On/ 0.8SEC Off SIM300 does not find the network
64ms On/ 3 SEC Off SIM300 find the network
64ms On/ 300ms Off GPRS communication
*****************************************************************************************************************************

TO CHQ GAIN - AT+CSQ=?
TO CHK NETWORK - AT+COPS=?

Examples for send and receive SMS

For sending SMS in text Mode:

AT+CMGF=1 press enter
AT+CMGS=”mobile number” press enter
Once The AT commands is given’ >’ prompt will be displayed on the screen.
Type the message to sent via SMS. After this, press ctrl+Z to send the SMS.
If the SMS sending is successful, “ok” will be displayed along with the message number.

For reading SMS in the text mode:
AT+CMGF=1 Press enter
AT+CMGR= no.
Number (no.) is the message index number stored in the sim card. For new SMS, URC will be received
on the screen as +CMTI: SM ‘no’. Use this number in the AT+CMGR number to read the message.
Voice call
Initiating outgoing call:
ATD+ mobile number; press enter
For disconnecting the active call:
ATH press enter
For receiving incoming call:
ATA press enter

**************************************************USEFUL AT COMMANDS FOR SETTINGS *****************************************************************

TO CHANGE BAUDRATE - AT+IPR=BAUDRATE(Ex 9600) 0-115200 For maore details refer AT commands Document page 33

TO SAVE THE SETTINGS AT&W

TO RESTORE FACTORY DEFAULTS TYPE AT&F THEN SAVE IT AT&W

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

refer above link it might help you

Status
Not open for further replies.