Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Interfacing 5v LCD and 3v Micro controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

gravi

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear Friends,
I am interested to know how to interface an LCD operating with 5V where as Micro controller is operating with 3V.

Thanking You,
Ravi Kumar.

Use an op-amp as a buffer, schmitt-trigger, or comparator to create a simple level shifter for your 3V -> 5V conversion.

i second for no2 solution from alexan_e's link as the simplest, if its about a common character lcd (such as HA44780/S6A0069 based). if you don't want to read data from lcd memory, then you keep the lcd data pins constantly configured as inputs (the RW pin) and the only thing you need to read from lcd its the status pin to see if lcd is ready or not. Replace this with an appropriate delay loop. Its not very elegant, but it works (at least for 3v3)

Thank You friends, Now I am having more number of options shortly I will post which ever I used.

Thanking You,
Ravi Kumar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back