Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interface PL2303 as USB device with Microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

ediamondsrt

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I want to interface PL2303 USB connection with Microcontroller and PL2303 should work at USB Device.
I think we can use USB configuration like USB Host CDC with PL2303.
Can anybody suggest best way to achieve such configuration ? Which Microcontroller is best solution for such application?

Microchip provides example of USB Host CDC but not sure I can interface PL2303 as USB device with it.

anyone have worked on similar projects?

Regards,

PL2303 uses vendor specific, not CDC class, although it's most likely functional similar to CDC.

I don't know what's your motivation to operate an USB-to-serial bridge with an embedded processor. It's surely possible, but there are more comfortable ways to interface serial devices.

PL2303 uses vendor specific, not CDC class, although it's most likely functional similar to CDC.

I don't know what's your motivation to operate an USB-to-serial bridge with an embedded processor. It's surely possible, but there are more comfortable ways to interface serial devices.

Actually there is one device which provides USB interfacing. But internally there is PL2303 So If I am going to use it with PC I have no issue. But now I want to send command via MCU. So in this case Only option is I have to interface that USB connection with my microcontroller.

I see.

I didn't yet use PL2303, except with standard PC driver. PL2303 default descriptors are documented in datasheet, in my (rather old) version, there's no infor about baud rate programming commands. There may be more detailed information available from Prolific, otherwise you should be able to sniff the respective packets packets easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.