Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interface micro with TFT LCDs having RGB interface?

Status
Not open for further replies.

7rots51

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to Interface micro with TFT LCDs having RGB interface?
These lcds have several lines for each color (G0~G7,R0~R7,B0~B7 ,HSYNC,VSYNC,DCLK).
How to convert data to these interface?

You have to present digital video data to this data lines, continuously scanning the image frame, involving several MHz data rate. No "micro" can do without a full featured graphics controller.

Hello!

Just to add to what FvM said. There are TFT LCDs with an internal driver chip. This chip provides usually
enough memory for one screen, and handles everything for you.
If you look at the specs, that kind of LCD will not have the HSYNC, VSYNC and DCLK lines, but WR, RD
DATA/CMD etc... instead. So if you want to buy a color LCD that you can drive with a microcontroller,
look at the pinout and try to get info about the driver. Once you get that, you can safely buy one sample.

Dora.

My TFT LCD driver IC is HX8238-A which have RGB interface and SPI interface,If I can not use RGB interface so maybe I use SPI.what is your idea about its SPI interface?can I use it?

What ARM Cortex M3 micros have internal graphic engine?

Is there standalone IC for this?

You can check the NXP (Philips) LPC2470, LPC2478 (ARM9) and LPC178x (CortexM3)

Alex

I am using HX8238-A driver for TFT display is directly interfaced to LM3S9b96. I am able to access the registers via SPI, but i am not able to update display using RGB lines(24bpp). Can i use SPI for initializing the driver IC and RGB data.

Status
Not open for further replies.