Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interface between PIC and Nokia 3310

Status
Not open for further replies.

hassan1980

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
nokia 3310 interface

I want to interface with Nokia 3310 just for dailing to another mobile

then I don't have any idea about interfaceing,

Can you guide me to start from zero I mean step by step?

I bought Used Mobile Nokia 3310 and Serial cable for it.

then my aim is to make interfacing between PIC and 3310 Nokia, I appreciate your efforts if you guide me to start.

nokia 3310 interfacing

Hi,
I think Nokia 3310 uses FBUS protocol which is more difficult to implement compared to cell phones allowing TEXT MODE Messaging using AT commands. Many projects are being done in this forum using AT commands and I suggest you to contact some of them to share their experience first before deciding the phone to be used, may be you can even start a thread for that. This will save a lot of initial trouble for you.

Regards,
Laktronics

hassan1980

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
interface nokia 3310

laktronics said:
Hi,
I think Nokia 3310 uses FBUS protocol which is more difficult to implement compared to cell phones allowing TEXT MODE Messaging using AT commands. Many projects are being done in this forum using AT commands and I suggest you to contact some of them to share their experience first before deciding the phone to be used, may be you can even start a thread for that. This will save a lot of initial trouble for you.

Regards,
Laktronics

What's kind of phone you advice me to use?

I appreciate your help

text interface nokia

Hi,
I do not have any specific recommendation for any model, any phone which supports TEXT MODE SMS (not PDU Mode)will be easier to interface. Also, if you have the cable diagram, it will help you while interfacing with a Microcontroller. Since there are many such projects done on this forum with different phones, it will help you if you can contact those persons to have first hand idea about the ease of interfacing.
Here is a site which gives details of interfacing of Nokia 3310. As you can see the messages to be sent through the phone, is all Greek and Latin for me at least. The site is:
**broken link removed**

Regards,
Laktronics

hassan1980

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
3310 interfacing with pic

Now I want to connect Nokia 3310 to PC to make some tests how to do this please give me full details.

ucdevelopers.page.tl

On the other hand, the cable I used for Interfacing between 3310 and PC is named like this {NOK 3310} then I saw at this site www.embedtronics.com that they use {NK1 3310} is there any difference?

we have the same project interfacing pic16f877 to 3310... anybody here , have a schematic and fully datails how to make it project... pls help us..

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back