Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interface AVR microcontroller to Bluetooth

Status
Not open for further replies.

qh2_2000

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
bluetooth avr

Hi all,

I am trying to interface my ericsson ROK010 008 bluetooth to a AVR ATmega8515 microcontroller. This bluetooth will communicate with another bluetooth connected to a PC. However, the bluetooth connected to the microcontroller does not responds to the microcontroller command.

Do I need to add in a MAX232 between the microcontroller and the bluetooth? May I know whether the bluetooth module is accepting data in RS232 or TTL?

How can I check what input is being sent by the bluetooth to the MCU?

I have limited time as the due date is next week..Hope someone can spend some time helping me out.

Thank you very much for your time and help. Appreciate it...:)

Regards,
Kew

avr bluetooth

Hello my brother!

Actually I am work in similar project (but with other BT module, the BT3014 from TECOM). Initially I have some doubts in the bluetooth aspects, then I found few things in bluetooth sig official site. After spend many hours in digest many pages, I decide implemented my application...

After spend more thousand hours in searches, I found the application of Zurich studants...see here: **broken link removed**

The BTnode is an autonomous wireless communication and computing platform based on a Bluetooth radio and a microcontroller. It serves as a demonstration platform for research in mobile and ad-hoc connected networks (MANETs) and distributed sensor networks. The BTnode has been jointly developed at ETH Zurich by the Computer Engineering and Networks Laboratory (TIK) and the Research Group for Distributed Systems. Currently, the BTnode is primarily used in two major research projects: NCCR MICS and Smart-Its.

Its a magnif project, but need more knowing in operational system called NUT/OS or TinyOS (the last is specially for low power networking sensors).

The hard part of the protocol are the development of the "profiles" like GAP, SDP and SPP, these are mandatory for connection stablishment with other bluetooth nearby (like bluetooth "dongles").

Best regards, Gorkin.[/quote]

microcontroller bluetooth

Hello my brother!

First: Check the documents of Your bluetooth module! In rapid check I am found that the internal UART of the module NOT ARE the compatible with the EIA232 electrical signal. For connect with Your microcontroller You must connect directly, without any level translater (like MAX3232). REMEMBER: YOUR POWER SUPPLY AND LOGICAL CONNEXION ARE TTL LOW VOLTAGE - 3.3V

These information I am found reading the module specification. Send-me more detail of Your application and maybe I can draw the schematics for You.

For quicky reference, check the btnode site again:
**broken link removed**
These link will help with the electrical schematics...

The old version of these project have Ericsson rok 101 007 module, check for reference:
**broken link removed**

Gorkin.

tecom bt3014

hi all... I am doing a project that interfacing a ROK101007 bluetooth module to microcontroller PIC16F877. I face the same problem, where no received event from the bluetooth module. I have tried both ways, direct connect bluetooth to microcontroller, or thru RS232. but the module did not respond too. I wonder how to ensure the bluetooth module has been turned on? i supplied 5V to the pin 1 of the jumper area of the module. i hope someone can give me suggestion in this project, and it is urgent! thanks a lot...

Status
Not open for further replies.