Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interface 89C51 with serial port

Status
Not open for further replies.

ngocky

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
89c51 interfacing

Hi everybody.
I'm a new person in forum,my English not good.I have a project is "Control device in home via PC",and programming with VB6.
anyone have schematic circuit interface 89C51 with serial port,please send to me,thanks a lot
my email is:ngocky@qtsc.com.vn
thanks and regards

89c51 schematic

To connect 8051-derivative to a PC computer via serial port you don't need much ..
Any TTL/CMOS-to-RS-232 interface IC will do ..
Try configuration shown below ..

Regards,
IanP

8951 pc interfacing

Easiest solution ever. Use MAX232 from www.maxim-ic.com, download the datasheet for h/w connection. Use Timer0 or Timer1 as a baudrate generator (You can find here a good 8051 baudrate calculator www.8051.com) and start talking to your uC serially.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: HECTP

HECTP

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
8951 interfacing with pc

HI IanP!
i can't open your file you send.Please resend it to me or show me the webpage so that i can download it,thanks a lot

89c51 interfacing with pc

here s a simple schematic...

regards..
sujith

interfacing 89c51

Hi sujith!

I tried opening your schematic but i found it difficult to open. Can you send another simpler schem.....

Thanks / cloud

89c51 serial programmer

hi..
its a word document frend.. just open it i v pasted the object there. this is the circuit we are using for years.. and we hav successful serial communication.

regards.
Sujith

how to interface89c51 with pc

hi, freind.
for small pcb size , please visit **broken link removed**
for Simple RS232C Level Converter using Transistors.
regard.

interface 89c51 with pc

hey ngocky
if ur final aim is to control devices through d pc then d microcontroller is not necessary........it wud be much simpler if u used just d parallel port programmed through vb or c

Serial Communication between Pc and microcontroller (8051) only use DB-9 Connector ...Can we use USB port for Serial Coummication???Plzzz Tell me

40_1263976274.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

casamiro said:
Serial Communication between Pc and microcontroller (8051) only use DB-9 Connector ...Can we use USB port for Serial Coummication???Plzzz Tell me

You have to use USB to RS232 converter chips (eg:FT232 chip) to be connected with the microcontroller or use one which have an on chip usb port

You can use USB, but as this is a message based protocol, it can be quite slow. Using a true RS232 port on your PC is better, if your PC still has one.
To convert the RS232 signal levels to TTL, the best chip to use is an ICL3221. This is affordable and works with a power supply voltage between 3 and 5 V.

You can build your own or buy a ready made one here **broken link removed**. This page also includes a full schematic and the datasheet of the ICL3221.

Hi
can you people give give some program(code) for serial com. with micro controller 89s51, i m testing weather my serial communication working properly or not .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back