Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

interfac gsm modem(TELIT GM862) & microcontroller(pic16F

Status
Not open for further replies.

maiyarasu

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Help me plz..
In my project, i use two sensors(2 input signal) & these data is processed by PIC16f877 and a sms is sent to mobile using GSM(TELIT GM862)...

1. I want to know the interfacing diagram of PIC with GSM with Pin lay out..

2. Pin diagram with rating of capacitors,etc...

I am completely ignorant and I want exact,clear details...

There are several companies that make kits - why not buy one of them and use that as a learning platform?

Re: interfac gsm modem(TELIT GM862) & microcontroller(pi

You will have several issues with interfacing Telit module with uC.

First of all your uC operates at 5V, Telit operates at 3.8V.

Second, voltage levels on communication pins of uC are TTL 5V levels, on the Telit side are CMOS 2.7V (not even 3.3V).

You can see the way how I solved the different levels.

HTH

Zasto, that sure is a Messy (and expensive) way to convert logic levels - I guess that's what you do when you live in a 'Messy Corner'. There's so many better ways to do that.

Since the there is no 'PIC16F877A' I assume the OP meant "PIC16F877" or "PIC16F887A" both of which which operate down to 2V. In this case they can use a lower power supply voltage.

Hello Zasto

I have a question regarding your level shift schematic you posted earlier :

I do not see where you connect your laptop RS232 com port in order to bypass the Pic UART and send directly commands to GM862 from a computer .

Can you tell me how you this ?

By the way:

If the Pic is 3.3V powered ( i use a 18F97J60 ) then is it possible to replace MAX232 by a MAX3232 powered with 3.3 V as well ?

Hello,
I am conducting my PhD project at the moment. I have purchased a Zigbee development board and have assembled it (hopefully correctly!). There are two connectors for the processor, one with two rows of 8 pins and one with nine two rows. I wish to connect sensors and a Telit GSM/GPS module and three sensors to this board, with an XBee Zigbee 2.4 GHz. I am also having problems writing the code I have to the PIC 16F819 I have. My background is not in electronics. Can you advise how to connect the GSM module and sensors properly and the easiest way to load the code to the processor please? I would be very grateful for any help given.

Many thanks,
Jim Hood.

zasto said:
You will have several issues with interfacing Telit module with uC.

First of all your uC operates at 5V, Telit operates at 3.8V.

Second, voltage levels on communication pins of uC are TTL 5V levels, on the Telit side are CMOS 2.7V (not even 3.3V).

You can see the way how I solved the different levels.

HTH

Can't you use transistors? That is what we do for the RS232 to the Wavecom module to the STM32.

Status
Not open for further replies.