Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

interdigital cavity filter synthesis

Status
Not open for further replies.

tellak87

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am trying to design an interdigital bandpass filter with round rods and tried two synthesis sofwares
1- An excel software in rfshop.com
2- intfil.exe
both of them are free on the internet

However, when i used the results of these sofwares in CST, the simulation results are very very bad. Is there a limit for the frequency range of these synthesis tools (can I design at 50GHz) or how shall i synthesize at high frequencies ? How can input coax model and tap point be modeled in CST? Also is there limitations for rod diameter, ground plane spacing and first rod to wall spacing ?

Can anyone suggest me any free synthesis software for this kind of filter and CST examples?

Thank you...

I am not sure how to adjust the tap position since when I used a higher value than the pormgrams suggested the result is better and also I cannot tune the screws exactly.
Does anyone know about this filter?

I am not sure whether you can design a filter at 50 GHz. The frequency looks too high.

Status
Not open for further replies.