Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interconnect sim problem in HF$$9

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigkiller

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
:roll:
hi,all
When i simulate the structure based on the attachment,i can't get the result i need.
When i define the excitations,it's said in the manual of HF$$9 that the LUMP port is the proper one,however,When i use 30,20,10 um overlap in my model,the results are not gradual.
Then i use the wave port which i can do deembedding,i enlarge the length of the model,about 10*(length of the metal),but the result is even bad,how can i?
i define no boundary,i wonder if i'm right?
In which situation should i use PML boundary conditions?
thanks a lot! God save me!

1. Don't use the FFS for wideband cases (such Your).
2. You don't need so long structure to obtain the good results.
3. For such structures the 2.5D EM-simulator (Sonnet, MWO, Genesys) more useful.
4. Set the adaptation freq. at the center of the frq. range or slightly shift it up.

The example of corrected structure and results in attached files. If You have another questions - post it here.

Best regards,
Kit-the-great

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back