Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interconnect selected layers on PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

andre_luis

Super Moderator
Staff member
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I need perform routing bellow a QFN-64 component.
But this component have a wide land pattern on TOP layer, remaining few space to work.

It is possible to use vias connecting other layers under this land ?

Thans in advance.
+++

Hi,
you means barryed via`s, or some their are from on surface (here practically from bottom) to some internal layer(s) _blind via`s?
They are of course both possible, its eventually a price question :-(.
Only the pad (or land pattern) under your IC is on some low potential to contact_usually to GND (or most negative), but consult every times pls the right data sheets...
K.

Hi karesz,

Thanks a lot.
Actually, the price is prohibitive.

R[]´s

Hi Ramos,
I think price isnt in all cases so catastrophic, but maybe is country depending too...
For some project I did asked my local PCB deliverer; I was relative surprised(positive), than he told me that I have to calculate with so 15-20 % overprice for blind Vias.
Maybe you can contact other/foreign producers too?
Grüsse!
K.

Including blind and buried hole PCB production complex, they need to drill several times, so the price should be higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.