Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interception of HF (13.56MHz) RFID

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

This is my first post here so please be patient with me.

I am planning on 'catching' the communication between a HF RFID Readed/Writer and a passive RFID Label.

I have chosen to use the Antenna from one of the labels to intercept the signal and was wondering what I should use, both HW and circuit wise, to pass the captured signal to the line in/mic port on a Laptop using Visual Analyser as an Oscilloscope.

It would be great to have the option of displaying the signal as described, but simultaneously side feeding the signal through a demodulation chip (TRF7970A) to get the corresponding values of HEX being transmitted.

Despite being HF, the interrogation distance is between 5mm - 100mm, hence the use of a label antenna which can be placed directly in front of the reader and not physically interfere with items passing by. Reader is in a fixed position 'viewing' the inside of an 11mm tube through which cylindrical items with an RFID Label pass and everythingisshielded externally.. Unfortunately the orientation can not be controlled and attenuation can be caused by the physical item carrying the Passive Label. Hence the need for HF rather than LF.

Looking for any advice as how to actually implement this.

Many, many thanks in advance.
Paul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back