Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Intepreting Antenna Parameters obtained in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

waveplumber

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Any HFSS guru around? I have a problem with intepreting antenna parameters that I obtained from an HFSS simulation. I am perplexed why in some cases, the Radiated power is more than the Accepted power leading to a radiation efficiency greater than 1.0. Also, I found confusing instances where the radiated power is greater than the incident power of 1.0W. How might this have came about? I will greatly appreciate any insight.
Thanks
Waveplumber.

Hi Waveplumber,

You need to seed the radiation boundary. You get an efficency greater than one because the mesh at the waveport is well-defined, while the mesh in the radiation boundary is not. This will fix your problem.

Thanks savedadogs, I will try seed the mesh and see if that helps Can you you give me quit hints on seeding the mesh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back