Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Intel Motherboard Display Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter_england

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have display problem with the Intel DG31PR motherboard i checked ram processor and smps also reset Bios but there is no display problem motherboard starts normal also keyboard num-lock can be toggle but no display at all i tried to install pci graphics card and with that the display is ok but on-BOARD display not working --- please help me ..

Try checking the IC in the mother board for Display segment there might be a minor dry solder in some joints

always an dry solder is not cuase of no display there are too many problem's for this. Like cpu supply, ram Supply, NB Supply, Reset and many more.

When the Smps is fine along with the fact the display works for other combination then the data path has some internal errors in them

please help the problem is in the smps if i plug in another smps display comes normal but with old smps only display cant get but i can toggle num lock and kaps lock keys.
please give me tips for troubleshoot the smps in that case i checked voltage of smps and found no problems with voltages like 5v ,3.3v , 12v, 5vsb, and pg is 5v. please help.

- - - Updated - - -

please help the problem is in the smps if i plug in another smps display comes normal but with old smps only display cant get but i can toggle num lock and kaps lock keys.
please give me tips for troubleshoot the smps in that case i checked voltage of smps and found no problems with voltages like 5v ,3.3v , 12v, 5vsb, and pg is 5v. please help.

Post a picture of the SMPS if the output voltages are fine then the problem may be in the tracks connection verify if there are any short circuit in it

may be its smps loose jack.

- - - Updated - - -

new problem :---- one motherboard ibm pc bios settings cant be saved i try changing new cmos battery cell pls help..

Status
Not open for further replies.