Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

intel D8748 MCU Eprom

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCMC

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all :)

I have a circuit that utilize a descontinued intel D8748, I need to change it to another (easy to find) chip to making the same work or separate parts, like CPU Eprom Ram, anybody know and helpme what chip is good ?

Maybe 8051 ?

mcmc

AT89C51 of Atmel, 16-bit 80C51 XA family of Philips is a good choice

Hi
you can use 8051 but you must change software
for some instructions
It's not 'drop in' replacement.

bye :)

Hi mgajo :)

I'm newbie in this field (programming) if I use 8051 I need to reprogramm and reconfigure pin connections "I know", is possible you reprogram it ?, I don't have a schematic but the circuit is simple and I making it, I need to make a willen programmer to read the eprom from D8748, needed some time,,,

Any help whit this project is welcome

I've done conversions using the Atmel 89C51. As others have said you have to change the firmware a bit and redo the PCB layout because the pinout is quite different. The 8748 is not read protected, so you can get the old program and disassemble it if you don't have the source code. It's only 1K of code memory, IIRC. Watch some of the instructions are a bit different. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.