Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Intel / Altera crcblock

Status
Not open for further replies.

cen199

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I encountered a very strange issue with a Cyclone II design from 2014. I am wondering if the FPGA configuration is being corrupted after 4 to 6 hours running. According to Altera AN357, the CRC check can be read from user logic and "To access the logic array, the _crcblock WYSIWYG atom must be inserted into the design."

There is also an example in AN357:
cycloneii_crcblock <crcblock_name>
(
.clk(<clock source>),
.shiftnld(<shiftnld source>),
.ldsrc(<ldsrc source>),
.crcerror(<crcerror out destination>),
.regout(<output destination>)
);

I have been using a small subset of VHDL and a top level .bdf schematic to design for quite a while. Unfortunately, I must have skipped over some FPGA basics because I have no idea what to do with the example.

How can I create a .bsf symbol file from the example?

I realize that having user code check for corrupted user code is less than ideal, but the CRC_ERROR pin is already used for another purpose in the design.

Status
Not open for further replies.