Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

integrator frequency problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnsakanjankumar

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i didn't understand why we operate integrator(b/w 1/CR2 and a/CR1) only in higher frequencies when we add a feed back resistor?
actually when u add a feed back resistor across capacitor then we stabilize gain then why are we not using integrator in this region(0 to 1/CR2) please help me
see this image
**broken link removed**

The parallel resistor Rp provides a fixed dc gain that is needed for a stable operating point.
However, it disturbs the integrating function because it changes the circuit into a 1st order lowpass.
Thus, integration (with a phase shift of 90 deg) is possible only for frequencies far above (factor 10, at least) the respective corner frequency (1/RpC). In fact, an exact phase shift of 90 deg. occurs at one single frequency only.
There is a higher limit of the usable frequency range due to the frequency dependent gain properties of the opamp .
I hope this answers your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.