Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Integration Limits [[ HELP ]]

Status
Not open for further replies.

other-side-of-d-moon

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Guys

Just i am wondering how to solve an integration problem in MATLAB without integration limits?? here is the problem below

Screen shot 2013-07-15 at 4.49.32 PM.png

Regards

Last edited:

Is any of your variables dependent on r ? Otherwise the integration is as easy as can be and you wont need Matlab for it.

Is any of your variables dependent on r ? Otherwise the integration is as easy as can be and you wont need Matlab for it.

Yes n is a dependent variable on r, i need MATLAB to solve it because r changed from 1 to 10000

aha.. and now people are supposed to help you? In which way is it dependent on r? So r changed from 1 to 10000. is r the integration limit then? I thought there were no integration limits.

Please tell us about your background. Do you have any idea how integrating in principle works?

I think your equation is the estimate of the attenuation of a EM-wave due to the rain, where both "Qt" and "n" depend from "r" (drop size). In this case you can have a look to:
https://scholar.lib.vt.edu/theses/a...063419/unrestricted/LD5655.V855_1982.D573.pdf

Is not enough for you a statistical estimate like: alpha ≈ a•\[{R}^{b}\] ?
with "a" and "b" are constants depending from frequency (and temperature) and R is the rain rate.

However you can find all the details in the book: "Satellite Communications Systems Engineering" by L.J. Ippolito

Status
Not open for further replies.