Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

integration in matlab help plz........

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramani

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
matlab voltage integration

hi to all,

we know that v=∫e.dl; voltage is the line integral of electric field.

i have found electric field using numerical simaulation as 30×30 matrix.

30×30 matrix contains electric field at each spatial location. i.e 30×30 is device dimension.

now i have to find voltage at particular point how to take integration in matlab and to find corresponding vlotage.

could you define your problem well please because I dont understand what is the problem so I cant help difinitely.

Karim

hi sir,
i have electric field matrix with myself. each value in matrix defines some magnitude at a particular point in the spatial location.
now i need to find voltage at particular point.
for that i need to find integral of electric field vector.
so how have to define integration in matlab for the above problem.
electric field in 2 dimensional. voltage is also in 2 dimensional.

You also need the field direction. The magnitude alone, does not specify the field completely.

Added after 3 minutes:

By the way, if have the field completely, you can compute the voltage difference regardless of the integration path because of we know that the integration of E on a close path is zero. Therefore, just compute the integration along horizontal and vertical lines to get to any point. That fits your matrix rows and coloumns.

if you have a specific problme, it'll be better

Status
Not open for further replies.