Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

integrating accelerometer with Psoc development kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

calvinlyp

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all,

i am relatively new to Psoc development pardon my ignorance.
i am currently working on integrating accelerometer with the development kit.

i found an article on
**broken link removed**

after consulting an expert, he noted to me that the application note i had referred is for connecting an Accelerometer to PSoC1 devices which have SAR and ADCINC incremental ADCs. PSoC3 does not have a SAR8 user module. Instead i can use the ideas proposed in the application note but substitute the ADC with the Deltasigma ADC from PSoC.

my doubts was the figure 3 of the block diagram of accelerometer with PSoC. the control software block does it co response to PSoC3's control register? same goes to the I2C block can it be replace by the component using the PSoC creator IDE?
as there is not a direct info on how i can edit the value of the blocks, i hope to get some kind expertise's advice on how about i can cont to work on this article.

any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

The PSoC1 core was M8C whereas PSoC3 has an 8051 core and hence the programming codes and instructions as well as registers will be different. Cypress has some very good example projects in PSoC3 with ADC and I2C published in their website. You can use them as a reference and start building your project.

Regards,
Anitha

Status
Not open for further replies.