Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Integrated charge pumps for gate pumping or flash programing

Status
Not open for further replies.

electronrancher

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
integrated charge pump

I have read a great deal of articles, and evaluated several varieties of charge pump cell in both CMOS & bipolar - has anyone else studied or built charge pumps? I'd like to open a discussion.

I'm talking mostly about integrated charge pumps, suitable for 100-200uA of high voltage generated inside an IC. The applications are:

-Hot swap and super low dropout LDO - pump the gate up to high voltage in order to decrease on-resistance to very low values
-EEPROM and Flash memory - generate an on-board programming voltage of around 12v, using 1.8, 3.3v or 5v supply.

So let me know if any of you have experience with these types of blocks - maybe we can trade advantages/disadvantages. Also, if you use these application IC's and you have any info on the charge pumps you have used, I am interested as well. Thanks, and best regards..
-er

Re: integrated charge pump

If your high voltage interest is driving a varator at high voltage forget about an integrated
chargepump doing this. Use a regular 3-5V IC chargepump, or make your own, and drive an active
Opamp which high voltage output stage is either an drain-extension NMOS or an external NPN. The
feedback resistor/cap could be external.

integrated charge pump

nope, no interest in wireless. integrated charge pumps for gate pumping or flash programming supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back