Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

instead of optocoupler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

erikssonidingle

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a problem.
The problem is I have a circuitboard with an optocoupler that exploded, because i Wired the thing wrong, it recieved an 250V input when it should have 5V, my fault now I need to fix it.
This is the circuit: www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet/clare/CPC1943GS.pdf
It says "CPC1943G" on it.
The problems are two:
Firstly, this thing has exploded before, I would like a more robust alternative if there is one, I dont care if it costs more.
Secondly, I cant find the Item in sweden, so I am happy with an substitute circuit, ot does not have to be photoelectric, I dont know why it is an "optocoupler" in the first place.
I hope someone can help me, would appreciate it immensly.
Thank you.

We have no idea what kind of device we talk about?
Where is this opto located, is it an output or input and what are the two sides connected to it?

the device is solid state relay so it could be replaced with another model with similar ratings that matches the size.
Did you search for other models available in your area?

the device is solid state relay so it could be replaced with another model with similar ratings that matches the size.
Did you search for other models available in your area?

You know, I dont understand electronics, i just need for someone to tell me, "buy that and solder it in the board".
I triede to find a replacement but got confused by all parameters.

there are some components driving the relay, what about them, they were probably damaged too.

Status
Not open for further replies.