Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Instantiating DDR2 SDRAM in XPS EDK - problem/error with IO ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

sebblonline

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Im using the XUPV5 Virtex-5 Board with Xilinx ISE 12.1. Within XPS I built up a system design where I instantiated a DDR2 SDRAM memory controller as a user IP-Core, which I created with MIG / core generator before. I connected all relevant ports with my user design and made all neccessary ports external (I also modified the ucf). My problem is, that EDK creates the IO ports (e.g. the data port "ddr2_dq") the the wrapper source file and in the system.vhd as three ports:

ddr2_dq_I : in std_logic_vector(63 downto 0);
ddr2_dq_O : out std_logic_vector(63 downto 0);
ddr2_dq_T : out std_logic;

Of course theese ports dont exist in my memory controller component. The exact type of error is:
ERROR:Xst:2585 - Port <ddr2_dq_I> of instance <ddr2_mem_ctrl_0> does not exist in definition <ddr2_mem_ctrl>. Please compare the definition of block <ddr2_mem_ctrl> to its component declaration to detect the mismatch.
ERROR:Xst:2585 - Port <ddr2_dq_O> of instance <ddr2_mem_ctrl_0> does not exist in definition <ddr2_mem_ctrl>. Please compare the definition of block <ddr2_mem_ctrl> to its component declaration to detect the mismatch.
ERROR:Xst:2585 - Port <ddr2_dq_T> of instance <ddr2_mem_ctrl_0> does not exist in definition <ddr2_mem_ctrl>. Please compare the definition of block <ddr2_mem_ctrl> to its component declaration to detect the mismatch.

what am i doing wrong?

thanks in advance,
sebastian

Status
Not open for further replies.