Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Installing Matlab on Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

claudiocamera

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Folks.

I put this message in other forum but now I realized that is the suitable one.

I have CDs of Matlab that I used to install in windows. Now I decided to use Linux only , but I need Matlab to work.

Can I use the same CD for linux instalation or do I need to buy a licence for linux?

I tried to use the same CD, once it comes with installation instructions for both OSs, however, the instruction for linux instalation didn't work .

The instructions are sort of:

For windows use setup.

For Linux use install

Inside the CD directory, I typed install in command line of linux but nothing happened... Any help ?

Matlab in linux

Dear claudiocamera,
Matlab for Linux needs CDs other than those for Windows. When you buy Matlab, Mathworks will give you all CDs for various operating systems. However , to the best of my knowledge, you will be able to use only the one for which you purchase a license.

Best regards

wave-maniac

Matlab in linux

Another option you can look into is Octave
Runs the same commands as Matlab and
is free!!!!
When you need extra libraries, that becomes a bit of a mess.
But it is possible non the less.

Re: Matlab in linux

Hi,
A similar program to Octave is SciCos. It is a french developed open source Matlab equivalent. As far as i know it is simple to setup in both linux and windows environments, help files is excellent.

Cheers
Slayer

Status
Not open for further replies.