Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

installing linux on windows OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mug.of.gold

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anyone help me loading linux on windows?

really appreciate that..

NK

You may use virtualmachine on your system .

i think vmware is the best one.
(there are lot of softs like Microsoft virtual PC , Connectix Virtual PC and many more... but i will suggest vmware )
https://www.vmware.com/

you can install cygwin on you computer, it is a good unix/linux simulator and free.

Salam
i think vmware is the best one.
I use it, it is perfect,
salam
Ahmed

I prefer Virtualboxe, very easy to use, opensource, so free :)

Hi,

If you are satisfied with Fedora the you can use its

LIVE CD to work without even installing on the system

More info????

**broken link removed**

Dear Friend,

Ru satisfied with the answers or not? Using all these virtual machines ur system will get slow, unless u have a large RAM for ur system. Better use it as a dual booting system. then it will be ok. otherwise increase ur RAM.

regards,
raghunath chouta

With regards to the RAM situation, normal windows distributions (Win XP, Vista,..) cannot use more than 2.5-3GB worth of RAM. On the other hand any linux distro will correctly handle all of the available system RAM.
As such I would recommend running windows in linux rather than the other way round.

Cheers
Slayer

vmareware is the best, but make sure you the version you use will support the linux you load

Try ubuntu with dual boot and if u dont lik it uninstall it windows or if u like it uninstall windows in ubuntu h**p://www.ubuntu.com thers links kubuntu edubuntu xubuntu gobuntu

try wubi which is a software installed on windows which run ubintu (not virsial machine)

why not try qemu very easy and opensource.
**broken link removed**

I am using VMware for half year already. It sure works

Yes, VMware is a good choise.
But actually I'm facing some difficulties to switch from windows to VMware. Is there a solution to share the files between windows and Linux ?

Status
Not open for further replies.