Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Installation problems for Zeland Eval Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

chengzhi_zhou

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a problem to install zenland eval version into my computer. My computer has a Windows XP Professional system with SP2. When I start to install "Application Setup on Windows", a popup window shows with the words "The Win16 Subsystem was unable to enter Protected Mode, DOSX.EXE must be in your AUTOEXEC.NT and present in your PATH."

I already installed Zeland Eval into my laptop. It runs well. But it can not be installed to my desktop. Could Jian or other expert help me out?

Chengzhi

Chengzhi:

We are using a version of the InstallShield to create the setup program. It seems to me the automatically created executable (setup.exe) is a 16-bit application. Most Win32 OS automatically install the 16-bit DOS Virtual Machine and it can run the setup.exe. However, we do notice some users' Win32 do not install such a virtual machine and it has problem in running any DOS or 16-bit applications. The reason is not known. We may update our InstallShield program or use some other installation creation program such as the one provided by Microsoft. At this time, please check why the DOS Virtual Machine is not installed automatically into our Win32 machine. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back