Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

installation of linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

QMA

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to install linux. it is stored in my laptop in 5 files of format .rar. i want to instal it. how can i do so while running windows xp.

First you need to identify in what form those rar files get extracted. As far as i guess it should be in ISO form. First Identify that. And then i will be able to help you.

QMA said:
i want to install linux. it is stored in my laptop in 5 files of format .rar. i want to instal it. how can i do so while running windows xp.

That's not possible. You have to extract files on windows and burn them on CDs then you can use these CD's to install linux.

Probably your files are not rar format.They may be iso files with winrar icon.
If you have iso files and your filesystem is fat32 then you can install linux from your hard drive.But again you need to burn one boot CD.

neils_arm_strong said:
Probably your files are not rar format.They may be iso files with winrar icon.
If you have iso files and your filesystem is fat32 then you can install linux from your hard drive.But again you need to burn one boot CD.
That's true start WinRar and in options->settings->integration remove the iso support!
Then with a CD Burning app burn the iso images to CD's for an example in Nero do:
Recorder->Burn Image; locate the iso's and burn them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.