Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Install P*otel DXP SP2 fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

alliance

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

When I install P*otel DXP SP2, it appear error message as follows

"cannot find +-0.8mm ... library"

My OS is Tranditional Chinese Windows XP and 2000 and Both OS had installed fail.

Can you help me?

Where did u get ur software from?
be sure the file is not corrupted. u can do that by making sure the file lgnth is the same with the one on the protel site

Hi
I didnt have problems at all with DXP SP2 and 'update'
win XP 2600

bye 8)

install fail

allaince....

what is happening is service pack trying to upgrade one of ur pcb library with one in the service pack. so the best solution is grab the dxp first release and install your libraries again. once u done that go ahead with ur service pack upgradation.

if you are sure about the library name the installer is asking (missing), please let me know i can send u the required library from orginal cd.

cheers

Dear all,

I find the answer from protel web.

Detail description is as follow:

Query: I get the message 'Error 1324 invalid character' while installing the trial version.

Details: This occurs when you attempt to install the original release of the Protel DXP trial software onto a version of Windows that uses 2 byte characters. It is known to occur with the Chinese version of Windows but may also occur with other non-English versions.

Answer: This problem has been fixed with the release of Service Pack 2. If you are installing from a CD, check that the label clearly indicates that it contains Service Pack 2, or later. If you are installing from a copy that was downloaded from the Protel web site, download the latest version of the trial software from http://www.protel.com/product/trial.htm and install the software again.

So, I maybe need to find newer version Protel

install direct x v9 first

reboot uninstall protel completely

use regclean and regcleaner too remove all trace of any keys

and then reinstall

this time before you install copy the trial setups folders etc too hdd folder

and navigate too the setup .exe right click on it and set it too be compatible with win 2000

ok....

The lanuage is not correct. I install Protel Dxp also have the same problem. I forgot where to download the setup.msi to replace the old file. And then you can install it.

updata sp2 seems not languague support!!!!

maybe your sp2 is broken!!!
(i update sp2 .and not change any more,including languege changed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back