Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Install and Run CDSDOC

Status
Not open for further replies.

omara007

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cdsdoc firefox

Hi folks ..

How can I install and run cdsdoc for cadence .. I have already installed SOC4.2 successfully but whenever I try to open anything from help it doesn't open ! ..

cadence cdsdoc

Try to open Mozilla Firefox first and then open the help,it may work

how to install cdsdoc

You may either install netscape or create a symbolic link from firefox to netscape.

install cdsdoc

Hughes said:
You may either install netscape or create a symbolic link from firefox to netscape.

this means that CDSDoc comes by default with any tool installaion ? ..

I do have Mozilla .. but what do u mean by "Symbolic" link ?

By the way .. I forgot to tell u that I get this error message when I try to open the help .. :
Observer: Error: Couldn't open X display

!!

cdsdoc firefox

omara007 said:
Hughes said:

this means that CDSDoc comes by default with any tool installaion ? ..

I do have Mozilla .. but what do u mean by "Symbolic" link ?

By the way .. I forgot to tell u that I get this error message when I try to open the help .. :
Observer: Error: Couldn't open X display

!!
hello,
symbolic link in linux is shortcut in windows.
did u try openening the firefox before opening the help?

cdsdoc mozilla

yes i did .. but nothing happened ..!

by the way .. where can I find the CDSDoc files under the installing directory ? .. I don't see a standalone directory called CDSDoc! .. I believe it might have not been installed or something !

+cadence +cdsdocs

Code:
su
password:
cd /usr/local/bin
ln -s /path/of/mozilla netscape
But I find the "search" function in cdsdoc does work with mozilla. With netscape, all woks fine.

by the way .. where can I find the CDSDoc files under the installing directory ? .. I don't see a standalone directory called CDSDoc! .. I believe it might have not been installed or something !
The directory name is "doc", not "CDSDoc".

cdssearch: search server not installed

by the way .. I tried to do 2 things to make sure that I'm running CDSDoc without a problem ..

First, I typed : which cdsdoc .. and it gave me the path to the cdsdoc of the IUS not Build-Gates (or SoC Encounter) ..
I do have both IUS installed and SoC Encounter .. how can I activate all cdsdocs ? .. or at least the one that I want now, which is BuildGates ?

Second, I typed : cdsdoc -test ..
and this gave me some errors concerning some java paths under the IUS installing directory and I'm fixing these things now ..

make cdsdoc use firefox

It doesn't matter which cdsdoc is used. Each time you run cdsdoc, the documents path for current environment will be added to the cdsdoc's setup file (a hidden file at your home directory). To activate all cdsdocs, you may edit the hidden file, or run cdsdoc, and change environment then run cdsdoc again.

cdsdoc cadence

Hughes said:
It doesn't matter which cdsdoc is used. Each time you run cdsdoc, the documents path for current environment will be added to the cdsdoc's setup file (a hidden file at your home directory). To activate all cdsdocs, you may edit the hidden file, or run cdsdoc, and change environment then run cdsdoc again.

what's the name of this hidden file ?

I finally managed to run cdsdoc command successfully and I got that cdsdoc applet containing a list of tools names .. unfrotunatly , when selecting any document (or link) from a tool, I get this error message :
cdssearch : server not installed.
!!
I went to the path where the cdssearch script is, and I found a line in the script doing a copy of some directory's complete contenta to some other place .. the first directory doesn't originally exist !

what should I do ?

cdsdoc firefox netscape

The hidden file (actually a file under a hidden directory) is ~/.cdsdoc/cdsdoc.ini. This is my "cdsdoc.ini"
Code:
DocDir1=/eda/cadence/assura30
DocDir0=/eda/cadence/ic5033

Status
Not open for further replies.