Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Instaling an XP windows on seven windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

bidarmard

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everybody
I want to Install an XP windows beside my system seven windows which doesn't support Virtualization technology in order to Install the programs which required XP OS. If it is possible help me solve this problem.

you can install XP on a different drive

C: drive windows 7
D: drive windows XP

You did not make it clear is it your version of Windows 7 that does not support Windows XP virtual machine or is it your processor that does not support virtulization instructions? If it is the processor then Microsoft have released a patch to enable the virtual machine to work on a processor that does not support the virtulization instructions. If it is the version of Windows 7 you have that does not support Microsoft's XP virtual machine and you have the Windows XP install disk then Virtual Box (free) is just as good.

the point is many patches support multi os and virtualisation what version of 7 are you using

thank you pjmelect,processor doesn't support Windows XP virtual machine, if it is possible please send me one of Microsoft released patch.

U can use a virtual machine/box in order to have another OS.

thank you pjmelect,processor doesn't support Windows XP virtual machine, if it is possible please send me one of Microsoft released patch.

**broken link removed**

Fill in the operating system details and the patch is step 4, I did not realize that you do not need this patch if you are running Windows 7 SP1.

It won't be particularly fast if the processor doesn't support the extension (which allows your virtualized OS to run at a 'lower ring'). I've never tried without the extension, it may not even be possible with certain combinations of modern host, guest and virtualization software - just guessing, not 100% sure. You may be better of dual-booting, or just replacing your machine, (or using another machine for XP) if you really, really need XP too.

I have tried it on a processor that does not support virtulization, and it is not that bad. It is a little bit slower but still very useable. You won't be using it for gaming (due to the graphics) but everything else will run fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back