Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

insertion delay ,skew , latency

Status
Not open for further replies.

engr

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
insertion delay

Hi

pls help me in understanding the difference between, insertion delay, clock skew, and clock latency

Thanks

insertion delay clock arrival timing

clock skew is difference of clock signal arrival time between two flops.
If you have two flops which works on the same clock frequency but due to position in the chip they are farther from each other, then there is a possibility is that u will see this problem.

clock insertion delay

Clock insertion delay is the estimated/realistic delay of reaching clocks from the PAD to each flop after CTS. HOLD violations can be fixed by this.
While doing CTS it inserts Clock buffers before the flops if the clock path delay is more in the second flop, this is actually causing the insertion delay.

-Paul

delay skew

hi,

insertion delay is the time required for the clock to reach from source to the clock pin of flop.
clock skew is the time difference between the clock reaching to the two different flops.
it may help u.

thanks..

HAK..

delay latency differences

Thanks rohanhelio, its really good, do u know any such liks for physicaldesign?

Thanks in advance

clock skew vs clock insertion delay

Hi

Rohanhelio,

I am lloking for documents whihc talks more on timing violations and rectification methods, if u come across any such pls send it to me

Thanks in advance

what is insertion delay

Hi,
Have you gone through the PT tutorials available in eda board itself? If not then search for it and go through it. That will definetly help you in every manner.
Otherwise the PT manuals also have really very good issues dscussed in proper way.

And if you are more hungry, then better go to solvnet and study there itself by looking into the various issues and solutions.

Note: If you are the beginner then dont jump the stages, follow the way I suggested. You'll get most of it.

Added after 3 minutes:

Here you'll find Resources like PT lab database, Training material, etc.:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back