Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

inquiry on infrared imaging technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

robismyname

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Im working on a graduate projects related to infrared imaging and sensing. My first question is extremely simple however im not sure how simple the answer is.

Lets say I have a infrared camera that is static (fixed position). It is pointing at the chest of a human who is standing in front of the ir camera 5 feet away. I then have the person lay down in front of the infrared camera such that the chest is pointing up. Will the infrared camera still be able to detect the infrared chareacteristics of the person's chest now that the person chest is not in the same plane as the IR camera? Or is there ir imaging technology avaiable that is sensitive enought to detect in this awkward application.

Any particular ir technology fits this application i.e. focal plane array (FPA's)

So do they make cameras with 180 degree angle of view?
Unlikely. But you can introduce a mirror.

Personally, I would base the design on available respectively affordable devices. A swivel option most likely
costs only a fraction of a special IR optics.

Status
Not open for further replies.