Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

input signal conditioning for DSO

Status
Not open for further replies.

burningmosfet

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all, I'm a little bit "rusty" with signal conditioning so, with the aim to review analog design, I would like to design a signal conditioning circuit for an oscilloscope input. I've not great expectations with bandwidth (<5Mhz) but I would like to input max 400V signals DC & AC with 1MOhm || 50pF employng opamp or bjt.

Is there any guidance or schematic for my applications ?

You want to design.............. a scope probe?
With that much voltage, it will be at least 10X, preferably a 100X one.

No need to have active devices. A resistor divider will do. And for those kind of voltages, it would be best if you go to 10Mohm.
Since the DSO's input has some capacitance, you'll have to factor a capacitor in parallel with the higher value resistor.

Dear S.T., I don't need a probe, I would like to build the circuit between probe and the ADC of a DSO. Actually I use STM32F429 DISCO demo board with a modified fw for signal acquisition and visualization on two channel but the acquisition is (obviously) 5V limited.... I need something to vary voltage gain of input signal and at the same time have high impedance (1MHom)... presuming to use a 10x probe (9MOhm) between EUT and my circuit

It was too lazy thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.