Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

input impedence of antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barack

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can I using LCR to measure the input impedence of an antenna. the resualt I can trust or not.

I would say it depends on the frequency of your LCR meter and the antenna.
If the frequency are the same, it should work.
But you cannot measure with a LCR meter the impedance of a high frequency antenna.

yes, you right. 58kHz or 8.2MHz

---------- Post added at 02:51 ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 ----------

center frequency of the antenna only 58KHz, so, you mean...I can measure the impedence of the antenna if I set LCR meter with right parameters?

thank you volker_muehlhaus but another queastion, measure the antenna, the parameter of LCR, how big measure voltage I have to set?
and the impedence of the antenna can I measure the capacitor, inductor, resistor with individual, then plus them together?

how big measure voltage I have to set?

This makes no difference.

and the impedence of the antenna can I measure the capacitor, inductor, resistor with individual, then plus them together?

Measure inductance and resistance at (or near) the operating frequency. The antenna tag is described by series R-L.

Raidation resistance models an "imaginary loss", and does not contribute to thermal noise. radiation resistance is in series with metal ohmic losses, ground losses, etc to form the total input resistance.

Reactions: Barack

Barack

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thank you for this post.:grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back