Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Input impedance problem in a nanodipole. Comsol 4.0a

Status
Not open for further replies.

gustavolsilvano

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everybody,
I'm trying to simulate a dipole with a voltage source in the middle of them. For that, I'm using a lumped port that is found in the middle of the dipoles, and it have the voltage that I want. But i'm having a very small input impedance. An I doing something wrong?
I found to a model tutorial simulate that use the lumped port, that is the "rf coil", and it's found in the rf module paste.
In the attachment is the geometry and where the lumped port is found, and my simulation too.
I'm using comsol 4.0a as my software.
Thanks

geometry.jpglumped.jpgView attachment Cópia de Teste1.rar

Last edited:

normally you see a small input imepdance when the material of the dipole is not assigned properly.cross check the material assigned to it.this should fix your problem more likely

Regards

I already discovered what's the problem. Is because I have to define branchs connected in the two dipoles, and another connecting the two branchs. Then define the two first branches to perfect eletric conductor, and the other one that will be my lumped port. For the lumped port I have to define it to uniform. That's it, but thanks for the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back